observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Monday, September 12, 2005

USA Rail

On the Amtrak back from the Future of Music Conference. Looking forward
to seeing my boy Miles Boogie. No fun if the homies can't have none.

The conference was at George Washington in D.C. A copule days down there
makes me remember how much I like being in a college environment. It's
good to be around people whose main purpose or aim is problem solving
and intellectual advancement. Too often I am surrounded by negativity
and complaining mainly by suprisingly incompetent people.

Struggling with those incompetents takes up most of the team's time in
the office. So much that sometimes we don't have time for out own
intellectual advancement.

There was some heavy dudes at this conference that were straight up
inspiring. Bumped into one of my favorite Hip-Hop smarty pants, Jeff
Chang. Good dude. Finished 'Can't Stop' on the way down Sunday so the
timing is great.

I envy Jeff. I would love to get paid to travel the country and have a
captive audience listen to my thoughts on Hip-Hop. I'll have to settle
for Eb and Alma.

Heard from: the Commissioner of the FCC, head of the RIAA, Shawn Fanning
(dissapointing. For someone I credited for starting a revolution he was
disturbingly polished), the founder of CD Baby, and actually a neighbour
from 55 Washington who has developed some cool new software.

George Clinton spoke today. A truly wise elder. Dropping knowledge
effortlessly. Hank Shocklee talks too much, though. Anyone who was at
the PE symposium knows what I went through. (As I told Rob, this n&^%a
ain't gonna make me miss my train."

Some randomness
-does NewsCorp own Myspace?
-the only online retailer generatign dough is iTunes
-do you wanna be a celebrity or a musician
-a new tax coming from your IS
-copyright law is booooooring
-Starbucks the new biggest music retailer?
-Prince and the NPG is the only doing it and therefore has the least to
say
-sell a recording of the show at that show

Long post. Good to be back. As always let's keep it positive. Train is
pulling into the good Penn Station. I'm out.

And no more tiny text, sorry

2 Comments:

Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Good post. Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way.

September 13, 2005 6:05 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

thanks cousin

September 14, 2005 3:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home