observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Friday, August 26, 2005

How annoying was Kanye on that ‘All Eyez On Me’ joint on MTV last night. And I am a Kanye fan. I am a Hip-Hop nerd who went to prep school so I co-signed the pink polos and blazers from jump. But the arrogance last night was a little much.

The thesis that you should get an award because they ask you to perform is simply ridiculous. What about the album sales and show offers the performance generated? I thought that was why you perform on TV.

Although I completely agree, the monologue about homophobia was a bit strange. It sort of came out of nowhere. And he is so pretentious, asking the grip or whatever to be quiet while he spoke. Come on, man.

-The segment about Dame and Jay was cool, but a little melodramatic. The pensive pause was hilarious.

-I do think this is #1 on the Chancellor’s favorites of ’05. But to be honest there hasn’t been too much heat this year.

-They must have just finished this album. Common references the last Tyson fight which was what? 3 months ago?

Songs I am feeling after my second listen:

-Heard ‘Em Say – the dude from Maroon 5 sounds good


-Touch The Sky – That cat Lupe is nice. I like those up-tempo beats

-Gold Digger – video is cool too. I like seeing Jamie Foxx shine

-Drive Slow is my favorite – maybe because it sounds like J-Live’s “Like This Anna”

-The ‘Diamonds’ songs are cool. I wish Jay Z would get some new subject matter, though

-Gone – I hope Consequence gets a chance

-Late – is this on the album?

Other randomness:

My new favorite dance is the Tony Yayo hand wave

The joint with 50 and the MOBB is the shit

I wonder how that Paul Wall album is gonna sound. Have a feeling it’s gonna be too country for me. But I do like him the most out of the Houston triumvirate. I love him on the Kanye joint.

Quietly, I can’t wait for the market to shake out some of these wack dirty south cats (I am not talking about Paul).

I am tired of that Southern foolishness and that avant garde noise. Probably why I secretly applaud Kanye’s arrogance. If someone doesn’t step up Hip-Hop is gonna turn into nasty R&B hybrids, Southern ignorance, and dissonant noise from pseudo intellectuals.

Mobile Podcasting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home