observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Reagan is the prez but...

"okay I admit I have no idea who Shirley Chisolm is"
Sorry I missed my post on Thursday. I was busy sitting on a runway at JFK as the professionally bereft airline industry turned an hour flight into an all day journey.
Woke up happy about the sonogram. Can't wait for my little girl to arrive.
Woke up pissed about Joe Biden. His ignorant and insulting comment was followed by an appearance on Jon Stewart where he called Obama a phenomenon. Any educated Black person has heard Biden's comments. It wasn't broadcast on MSNBC (CNN is over. It's all about Chris Matthews and Keith Oberman) it probably sounded like this "oh, you are so articulate" "So well spoken"
The idea that a Ivy League educated Black senator who is articulate is a phenomenon is insulting to the nth degree. Don't sugarcoat it. Don't spin your way out of it.
That comments insults me, my son's godmother, Jesse, Martin, Medgar Evers, Emmit Till, Julian Bond, my Moms and my pops, my brothers everyone person (Black, white, Jew, gentile, Hindu and atheist) who has ever struggled against chattel slavery and Jim Crow.
Phenomenon! Kiss my ass. People have died to pave the way for Obama. Families have been broken. Parents have worked 3 jobs. kids have had to endure hardship no child should ever have to.
This is evolution you out of touch noblemen.
Wake up. the world where rich, white. men make all the decisions is ending. You better learn to deal with all of us. And by us, I mean everyone you have kept out of the game since you stole this land.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home