observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Things to be happy about

his name is Lovie (#4)

          1. Supposedly Monday was the most depressing day of the year. Historically. The weather. Holidays are over. Bills, etc. And I beleive it. be happy it's over.

          2. Either way you cut it a Black coach is going to win the Super Bowl. That is big. Don't downplay it.

          3. As someone who has to deal with loud mouth pundits who never put their money where their mouth is I was rooting for Peyton Manning. Third rate commentators cum broadcasters sit there and throw stones at these cats all year long. I don't know how they manage it. I love it when players' actions burn through their arguments.

          4. His name is Lovie!

          5. These blogs who are giving me the best records in creation - for free! God bless you.

          6. Did I mention Miles is all about using the potty? Love it.

          7. The possibility that Nas may come to the Festival. Just the hope warms my heart.

          8. Professional lacrosse in New York

          9. Living in New York itself

          10. The Food Network and the ill recipes it gives me so I can cook for my family

          11. The dude who invented the PlayStation.

          12. Rome, Battestar Gallacttica, 24, and Heroes

          13. IODA

          14. Hip-Hop. the good and the bad

          15. the DVR

          16. The time this gig gives me to spend time with Miles and the fam

          17. the dude who saved the guy in the subway. and him getting shouted at during the State of The Union

          18. Barack Obama. Now when I tell Miles he could be president he can believe it.

          Be Happy y'all

          Labels: , , , , ,

          5 Comments:

          Anonymous Anonymous said...

          Please put us on to the blogs you are referring to...

          January 24, 2007 3:50 PM

           
          Anonymous Anonymous said...

          Great list..Do you really think Obama has a shot?

          January 24, 2007 3:52 PM

           
          Blogger Wes said...

          I do think Obama has a chance. Although once Hilary and the machine politicians get in gear his buzz will fade. But he has a shot. He wouldn't get this far without at least a 'shot'

          And in politics it is not about winning. Even being mentioned puts Obama in a position of power only a handful have ever had. And if not him he would set the stage for the next. Like Art Shell to Tony Dungy.

          January 25, 2007 9:30 AM

           
          Anonymous Anonymous said...

          I agree that Obama is the most promising Black candidate in this country's history. I look at it from the standpoint of, how much of the county is really willing to vote him in? He seems genuine, and I would love to see him get a chance...

          January 25, 2007 11:18 AM

           
          Blogger Wes said...

          but he doesn't have to win to win

          January 25, 2007 11:22 AM

           

          Post a Comment

          << Home