observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Cease and Sekkle




Let's take a step back and let's really appreciate how silly and disturbing the new beef between Curtis and Cameron.

This some real high school sh*t.
As captivated as we all are by this, I have to ask why?
Why do we even care?
And much to my chagrin I am ensnared by some soap opera type magnetic attraction.
That 50 video is downright disturbing. That's a lot of guns, brother. And a lot of overt threats should something happen to Cam.
I hope he has a license for all those joints because if I was an ATF agent I would be on I-95 on my way to Connecticut right now.
That scene from the Koch offices are not good for racial stereotypes. You have Alan Grumblatt looking like some sort of evil Jewish caricature out of Hit Men. He smiles as two Black entertainers from economically depressed parts of New York declare war on each other.
I hope this beef doesn't reach its logical end. Let's just get a good chortle and wait for Russell to negotiate a truce.

The 50 joint is kinda hot.
Best line: 'Cameron, you better learn how to talk to me' or something like that
The Cam joint is funny.
Best line: 'Cuuuuuurtissss'
Also thought 50's song was interesting in that he took special care not to diss Jimmy or Juelz. People hate members of Dip Set but rarely the whole crew.
I, myself, try to hold on to my appreciation for Juelz in the midst of these horrible records.
Same with Killa.




Oh yeah you can find links to all this stuff at the Bodega

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Thun said...

So you were so disturbed by this beef and its larger implications that you felt utterly compelled to rehash the more obvious points on your blog?

February 12, 2007 5:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes, people should actually read. Didn't I read something about soap opera magnetism. I agree this beef is like a car crash. you know it's bad but you can help but watch. you get that email?
-Trev

February 12, 2007 6:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alan Grumblatt looked like the fake Jerry Heller from the fuck with dre day video, straight up

February 12, 2007 6:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good call.
And I don't think the underlying Jewish/Black issues were obvious.
to the 1st dude

-Trev

February 12, 2007 8:28 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

hell yeah James.
I have actually had meetings with that dude. He was no Jerry Heller

February 12, 2007 8:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home