observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Monday, March 10, 2008

NASCAR

Yesterday was a slow sports day.

NBA is still boring

No Lacrosse

March Madness is about to start but I have no idea what’s going on.

 

I made a New Year’s Resolution to not be so ignorant and that applies to sports.

I had vowed to stop making fun of track and field and went to the Milrose Games at the Garden. And I must say I have newfound respect for men and women, boys and girls running around a rubber track at crazy speeds.

 

So forgoing the redneck jokes on Sunday I decided to fulfill my promise to try and figure out the appeal of NASCAR.

I think I get it. There is a tremendous amount of strategy that goes into it. ‘Just go fast’ is not enough.

Plus it seems like the trick is to cheat without getting caught. They say football is a game of inches but not like this.

Loose an oil cap and that buys you .00008 seconds. And that’s all you need to win.

 

So call me Brad Daughtery. I ain’t mad at NASCAR

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont miss the A3C hiphop festival in atlanta, March 20th to 22nd.

Artist list:
Aceyalone
Akrobatik
B.O.B
Binkis
Bisc 1
Blu & Ta'Raach are C.R.A.C.
Clan Destined
Collective Efforts
Coolout
Del The Funky Homosapien
Dillon
DJ Basic
DJ Dirty Digits
DJ Klever
DJ Lord
DJ Mafioso
DJ Rasta Root
DJ Rob Wonder
Gripplyaz
Guilty Simpson
Hangar 18
Holly Weerd
Insight
Jeru The Damaja
John Robinson (aka Lil Sci)
Kaze
Lee Harvey Oswald
Little Brother
Nobody Famous
Proton
Senor Kaos
Supastition
Tanya Morgan
The Alias Brothers (AB's)
The Clipse & RE-UP Gang
The Fresh
The Smile Rays
Wale
Willie Evans, Jr.

www.a3cfestival.com

March 11, 2008 11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home