observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Lupe endorses Clinton



Barack: and then he said he felt it was a bigger statement for a woman to win
Luda: what an idiot. you think this T-shirt is too big?


Never before have I encountered an artist who appears to be doing everything he can to make me despise him.

Okay so he disses Tribe, forgets lyrics, then tries some weird 8Ball and MJG defense. I was told to let that go. Okay

Comes to my event and pisses of my people with diva like behaviour. Hey, he is an artist right? I was told to get over it and I did.

But now he disses my man Barack. He has all the right in the world but I have the right to say that it is a wack move. And while you (Jimmy Blags) rightfully defend his right to be a dick. He doesn't even have his facts right.

From SOHH Read below:

"I'm not voting for anybody," Lupe told SOHH. "I don't believe in voting on that level. But I want Hillary [Clinton] to win," he says. Surprisingly, the Chicago emcee does not support the junior United States Senator from Illinois, Barack Obama.

"Obama doesn't really impress me like that," Lupe told SOHH. "It's not a shot at him but some of his agendas, the bombing of Iran and all that stuff.* He ain't gonna do nothing but perpetuate the nonsense that all the Presidents before have done, and what Bush is doing now. It's to the point now where the world is so twisted and so messed up that we need somebody to come in."

"I think Hillary will set an example for women all around the world and hopefully effect some change, as opposed to another man pushing for agendas and pushing policies," Lupe said. "I think even if she don't do anything, just the statement that it makes--that the United States is run by a women--would be so phenomenal for the world."

[*Editors note: While all the major Democratic candidates--including Clinton, Obama and Edwards--say they would not remove military option off the table, when it comes to Iran, none have said they support the bombing of Iran.]


Does he simply not see what it would mean for a Black man becoming president?

At some point we are going to have call him a dick and move on.

And I tried three times to listen to 'The Cool.' 3 tracks are decent. tops
I agree with the Village Voice review

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh!!

calling me out, are ya? it's cause of that M.I.A. stab i took, isn't it! hahahahahahaha!

man, lupe is a dick. let's give that a resounding "oh well". i'm too busy listening to these tragedy joints circa 1997 to give a care about loopy fiasco and his bumbling PR maneuvers. and i certainly never spoke for the mans music. i still haven't even heard his first album! kick push had a dope beat. superstar has a mad catchy hook. that sir, is about the limit of my relationship with the lupster...

January 04, 2008 1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home