observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

and why was this guy doing the Tribe Tribute


...I dont own any Tribe Called Quest CD's...Never did...never wil...so I dont know this throwback 94' sound that you speak of...and for that matter how to emulate it...but why is that a prerequisite of being "down"? hahaha....if you dont like it...dont buy it...dont buy concert tickets...dont read my blogs...or my interviews...or visit my websites...let me be...

-Lupe Fiasco, The Swift Chancellor Report, 10/12/06


I could've had this Kanye record or this Pharrell record. I was trying to get one of those spacey way-out Pharrell records, and he wouldn't make it for me. He always gave me Tribe Called Quest because that's what he thinks I like. I don't know one Tribe Called Quest song by heart. I don't own one album. I don't own any De La Soul like that


-Lupe Fiasco, THe Village Voice, 10/4/06

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home