observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Grammy redux

- De La opened the show. Never thought I would see that. Awesome.

- I like how all three of the plugs got some shine. Even though it's
really a Dove song (with Mase on the ad lib)

- Madonna must be the baddest MILF around (next to you know who)

- what was up with Kanye's purple suit?

- No shirt? (Taco meat on the side as Asheru said)

- but it was the gloves that killed me-even hard for me to defend that

- tough when you have to bang against the world-saver Bono

- any word on a Kanye tirade yet?

- John Legend had the best GOOD Music night

-LOVED the 'Touch The Sky' video. Hopefully we are gonna get Lupe for
the festival. I guess it's trendy to like Lupe, but whatever. I was
feeling him from the 1st listen of 'Late Registration'

- the video (and Kanye) reminds more and more of Puff about 2 years
after Biggie died
The video reminded me of that Puffy song with Jimmy Page and the one in
the desert with Betha

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Good call on "Touch The Sky." First time I heard it, I was thinking "Encore, Pt. 2," but that "top of the world!" stuff is straight Puffy. Like, to the point where I checked the credits.

February 09, 2006 5:44 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

it's the return of the Hip-Hop dandies. Thanls for checking the blog from the road.

Still can't post on yours. I can't figure it out

February 09, 2006 8:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home