observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Alternate side of the street parking is suspended today...

...it's Get Rich or Die Tryin' day....what!? it's not a holiday? Then how did all those people get off from work/school to line up on Court Street today?

If people cut school or called in sick to see this they should be shamed, shamed I say. You only skip work for good movies like 'The Matrix' or 'Star Wars.'

Just joking, but I did see a gang of people queued up for the flick. I am very suspect. I respect 50's business acumen, but I have very little interest in hearing his faux life story. Somehow I think I could write the script myself. It is the same drug dealer to Hip-Hop story that seems to never grow old. But I will say that when looking at the director who shot the joiun, I tend to think it will be deeper than that.

Anyhoo, who saw T.O.'s press conference? Embarassing. I was a bit sad to see T.O. roll up there with his tail between his legs. I tell you I do NOT like that Drew Rosenhaus character. He came off like a poorly attired used car salesman. That purple tie? come on, cousin. You got millions in comissions - get a stylist, go to J Crew, watch a Kanye video, something!

I am not gonna blame the agent, but I am sure his slick ass enabled T.O.'s arrogance. Then the Eagles son-ed him and now his whole career is virtually over. 33 year old, ego-maniac, locker room cancer. Who is gonna give him a big contract? He should have sucked it up this year after his 1st ploy failed. Rocked it, then re-negotiated in a professional manner at the end of the year.

(for the record I think they should have re-negotiated his contract in the off season. Arrogance on both sides hurt all involved)

In other news, the SC will be a guest lecturer at the Clive Davis School at NYU tomorrow (Thursday). Thanks to Leota at Virgin for the opportunity.

Randomness

-where is Jean Grae?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home