observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Monday, May 16, 2005

RIP to Just "O" Faison

I want to take a second to say pace to my man Just O who passed away over the weekend. Before founding the Mixtape Awards Just O helped mentor me while he was at Nervous and then Epic. Although my time working with O was brief he most certainly showed me how an industry veteran conducts himself.

If you didn't know O, you felt his presence. He brought the mixtape back and showed countless entrepreneurs how to use it to rejuvenate their careers. But before that he helped Nervous blow up Smif N Wessun, Black Moon and the whole Boot Camp. That was when he took a second to teach a green college kid how to conduct business properly.

Enjoy every day because tomorrow is not promised

Peace O! and thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home