observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

So maybe I was wrong...


so let me get Lakers on the over, the Knicks on the under and a fin on you doing hard time

...about this whole Michael Vick thing.
Looks like he couldn't keep his boys from rolling over on him.
I don't know what the evidence is but it seems like his only chance to stay out of jail is to go to trial, which is scary as hell.

They must have a stronger case than I thought because the Feds are coming at him HARD. I keeping my eyes on this one.

The dirty NBA ref was right up the block yesterday copping his plea. I walked by the media onslaught on my way in and it was quite the sight.
Anyone who thinks he is the only dirty ref, player, coach, or GM is bugging. David Stern can try and spin this guy as the lone gunman but I don't buy it.

Not everyone is Lebron earning $100 million. Some of these players play one year and bounce around for the rest of their lives. You think they won't try to make the most out of their time in the league?
And the refs? they are not even full time employees.
Asst coaches and asst trainers who spend all day picking up sweaty shorts. You think they are above dipping their beak? Come on.

I took one trip to the Sports Book at the Belagio in Vegas and realized this. Gambling is why ESPN exists. Straight up. Sports nerds, yeah, but ESPN is to gambling what CNBC is to the stock market.

We'll see how it all plays out

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

I had friend who was a pretty-feted college ball player (and good enough to be invited to try out for a couple NBA teams after graduation) who was convinced that most pro sports are fixed on some level. I don't know what his evidence was but he was pretty blase when he made that statement, not in the least bit sensational.

August 22, 2007 11:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home