observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Finding #1

Nice to see Common debuting at #1. I don't think the record is quite that good but as I said before it is better than most.

We must understand that #1 ranking is relative. He did 155k. Up against Kanye, Faith Hill or another heavyweight those numbers would put you at #4 or 5. Geffen did a good job timing this release in a month that is notoriously soft.

Common dominates a weak month and gets on USA Today for having a #1 joint. Gets on SportsCenter. Very smart.
GOOD Music gets Common some sales before the cash cow drops on 9/11. Everybody wins.

and btw I agree with Kanyeezy. A debate with 50 is the most ignorant, crab in a barrell idea I have heard in a while.

Off to the r&r
I'll holla

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the album is much better than BE. I'm not a big fan of Kanye, but I think he stepped it up production wise. I think Common sounds hungrier on this than he did on the last album. Finding Forever can do with out a few songs (especially the title track), but I still think it is a very good hip hop album...

August 10, 2007 11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home