observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

List Time

I have mad posts in my head but it would take me the rest of the week to write and edit them. So instead I will do some simple, relatively well thought out lists.

Secondary rappers that I like more than the main rappers (sometimes):

-Malik B
-Keith Murray (do re mi fa so love l.o.d.)
-Afu Ra (not really)
-Phife (the king of the hip-hop wingmen)
-Lloyd Banks
-Flavor Flav (king of the hype men)
-Baatin
-MC Ren
-Nate Dogg
-T-Mo Goodie
-Sadat X
-the 2nd dude in Dem Franchise (just kidding I have no idea who any of those guys are)
-Bushwick Bill (I am assuming we all agree Willie D was the star of that group...)
-D Nice (the MC , not the DJ you hipster)
-Moe Love
-Steezo

Artists who lost favor despite good albums:

-Jeru's second album (was it the 'beef' with the Fugees? Or the fallout with Primo)
- Rhymefest (yes I am still beating that horse. It just ain' fair what y'all did to that boy)

Remember when:

-Scott Storch was in The Roots
-Mos Def wore gold fronts
-LL always wore a hat
-Buckshot was a backpacker
-Virgin didn't want to sign Pharell and NERD?
-Mayhem and Martin Moor
-No ID was the illest producer in Chicago
-Subroc passed away
-when Trouble T-Roy fell off the stage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home