observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Trap?

Hubert Humphrey was a member of a Black Fraternity?
Not the bruuuuuuhs

I am all about Skateboard P. I don’t care what you say. But I am not sure about the album. Just listened to some previews and I have gone from an iTunes purchase to a ‘let me see if Kim or Ryan have it first.’
Seems like he is stuck between bougie-bling hop of Kanye/Jay Z and new school gangsta shit of Snoop, Slim Thugga, and his own Clipse. Then he throws in some Gwen Stefani 80’s pop, disco, Hip-Hop stuff. I like 1 and 3, but too much of #2 and I’m gone. I can take the Clipse, but putting some paper down for them is tough. That trap is funny in a morose sort of way like a fiend leaning on Court Street while thousands people avoid her. Let me know what y’all think of the album.

I told y’all about the “Long Tail” book last week. Now that I am reading it my head has been spinning. I said it before and I’ll say it again. Those guys at Wired are smarter than you.
Some absolutely amazing points and I am only halfway through.

The next recording of the Ill Out show is tomorrow. If you are not up on it. Get on it.

Stop all the moaning about USA basketball. Dudes practice for 10 days and still come in 3rd. Let these other countries do that and see what happens.
Plus this not their top priority. The NBA is. Comparing them to the the PR, China, or Argentina is apples and oranges. But be clear they will wax that ass this year.

In other news that the Empire is falling USA Lacrosse lost to Canada on Sunday. Waaaahhhh
Oh yeah that and Bush’s foreign policy is about to start World War III (for those living under a rock)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to write the review for the pharrell album...

July 25, 2006 2:49 PM

 
Blogger ian said...

Hubert Humphrey = AΦA??!! I was gonna ask if that was real or Onion but I found the answer here:

"In 1965 Hubert Horatio Humphrey -- Vice President of the United States -- was made an Honorary Life Member of Alpha Phi Alpha, the first intercollegiate Greek-letter fraternity established for African American males."

August 04, 2006 4:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home