observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Sorry Marty

Busy Monday = short posts after a nice round of substantial posts.

Thanks to the people who posted comments on last week’s posts. It’s cool to know people actually read this junk.

Went to Coney Island yesterday and I am ashamed to say it was my 2nd trip there…EVER. Yes, I am one of those ignorant New Yorkers who never enjoy their own city.
To my defense growing up in the Bronx trooping to Coney Island was like heading to Maine for the day. The far end of Brooklyn might as well have been the moon. But I was so wack I didn’t even f**K with Orchard Beach. But to my defense again those beaches were a lot rougher in the 70’s and 80’s. Coney Island yesterday was fresh out of a tourist commercial. The Aquarium (dope, although it freaked a feverish, teething Miles Boogie), karaoke on the boardwalk, the peer with kids and their dads fishing. The whole nine.

I am sorry Marty Markowitz for not realizing the work you did down there. I will not make that mistake again.
Next week Marine Park driving range to get my Tiger on…and by the way anyone who has lost a parent had to shed a tear when he was hugging his caddy and his wife yesterday

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home