observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Cam'ron is bad for Hip-Hop. I just have to put it out there. I am not attacking his skill or business acumen. I say he is bad for Hip-Hop because as we meet with the commissioner of NY State Parks to get the greenlight to move the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival to one of the best locations in Brooklyn we have to fight the ridiculously negative image of Hip-Hop that he banks his fame on.

I don't see the point of it. I honestly don't care about your beef with Shawn Carter. If you have a problem with jeans and sandals, that means nothing to me. If he stole Rocawear, Rocafella or Kanye - sue him. If you wanna get on some street shit, punch him in his face.
Otherwise leave your therapy to your shrink, senor Giles.

Now I will admit I did check hiphopgame.com when Ryan put me on to the dis. I am sure many of you did too. But honestly, how does that song improve your/our lot in life. It does stimulate our darkest emotions of jealousy, envy, greed and pure hate.
I, for one, have no need to energize those parts of my psyche.

Plus:

-the song is not that dope outside of the subject matter
-Jay is gonna kill him on the response
-besides KRS and LL, Jay is the last person cat I would go to war with on a global media scale
-someone who wears pink furs and rhinestones should be wary of thinly veiled homophobic wardrobe criticisms
-'me thinkest thou protest too much' or something like that
-and how does Beyonce rhyming on your second album amount to an attack. She is a singer you're a rapper. Features happen all the time genius
-Nas already ran with the 'Joe Camel' dis
-and all the talk about him being ugly...makes you go hmmm...not that there is anything wrong with that

I hope this goes away, but it probably won't for a while

1 Comments:

Blogger Propaganda Life said...

Cam's diss was weak as hell. Jigga will lyrically kill him if he comes back at him. I really hope Jigga picks the mic up becuase he blew so many cameos up last year. Besides Doom and Ghost he was the only mc I always checked out as soon as I saw his name on something.

http://peaceandpaper.blogspot.com/

January 20, 2006 6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home