observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Nas - Can't Forget About You

I booked Nas with Zhane (remember them?) in 1994 at University of Virginia.

My first real project. I had to fetch Nas, Grand Wizard, Jungle and the rest from the tour bus parked in at the Holiday Inn where groupies were f*cking up my production schedule.



After an 18 minute performance that was supposed to be two hours I took him back to the hotel. His manager was like, “Come and get us for the after party. It will be all of us except for Nas he is probably gonna get some rest.” All I could think was, “I thought sleep was the cousin of death.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Aqua said...

Ha! I remember hearing about that okee doke show. It left a bitter feeling towards Nas and his performance at the U for years to come.

April 11, 2008 11:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home