observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Fort Greene Fest quick recap

If you didn't make it out to the Fort Greene Fest on Saturday you missed out. It was great to see more programming for our demo.
Free and in the neighbourhood too.
You didn't have to troop to DUMBO like at our joint. You could walk there (with two kids, a stroller and a baby bjorn like your boy did). Hot, sweaty b@#%&h
Props to the organizers. I know how hard it was to pull off and y'all did your thing.
Miles Boogie was a dancing fool when Kweli got on.

-I still like our park (smile).
-The dirt in the middle was not that fresh but no biggie.
-Their lineup was much more acoustic and soul-like.
-They did give a lot of local guys a chance to shine which was great.
-Food was dope. And those vendors made a killing. Shout to my peoples at Jakada Juice and Smooch.

Chip Fu was a little gassed on the Fu Shnick legacy. He was pissed because he thought no one wanted to hear his new shit so he begrudgingly rocked 'La Schmoove', 'Ring The Alarm', and 'True Fushnick' which all those young bucks didn't really know. So he was stuck. I don't think he rocked one complete song. I guess his new shit is half reggae/half hip-hop. Hope it does well for him.

Kweli closed and it was the best Kweli show I have seen in a loooong time. Honestly.
I think the short time he had forced him to concentrate the content which worked well for me.
Jean Grae had her time and she did well.
Kweli has mad songs. I didn't really appreciate it. He had enough joints to truly rock his 30 minutes.
Good shit cousin.

and oh yeah I know why he beat Swizz. Swizz's joint is boring.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

7576565
Hi Friends,

I Find Absolutely FREE PlayBoy & Penthouse:

http://www.oxpe.net/playboy/

If I find something else I'll inform you.

Best Regards,
Vera

September 11, 2007 6:22 AM

 
Blogger ian said...

What? Chip couldn't do, "What's Up Doc (Can We Rock)???

September 11, 2007 10:05 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

lol
if you would have asked he probably would have thrown a chair at you

September 12, 2007 10:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home