observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Another hit, Barry Bonds

So much on your boy's mind today.

-DVR's the 106th and Park from 9/11. I tried not to get suked in but the hype got me and captivated me.

Thoughts:
- why is he doing slow ass big brother. Until I saw Ye was playing his trump card. Even Miles got geeked when the S Dot came out

-I Get Money wins the battle but alas Curt lost the war

-remember the beef with 50 and Cam? I don't

- I thought it was all staged until I saw the palpable nervousness from Kanye when they were on the couch

-50 came off like a bully

-Kanye looked vulnerable

-was he about to cry when he was talking about the VMA's. You're at a 10, I could use you at a 6.

- Good Life video was hot. Remimded me of the Kweli video though

- 'google those pop artists names' whatever dud

- Yayo as Flava. Love it

- Like the Gucci warm up

- Hip-Hop rules. Country fall back

Next commentary - cheating ass Patriots and the Barry Bonds hypocrisy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon fam, this Kanye vs. 50 thing shows that the music is at a low point. Commercialization at its finest. There is nothing genuine about either of these dudes...the main goal is money, not the music.

September 14, 2007 11:17 AM

 
Blogger Wes said...

indeed.

but from a commerce perspective the overwhelming focus on sales from Hip-Hop artists is a good thing. Especially when country music attempted to join the battle and was absolutley crushed.

There is some good music in this discussion as well

September 14, 2007 3:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home