observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Morning Musings

Right after I had Miles, Matt Wright from Elemental (um, where did they go?) told me he was excited for me because it seems that after dudes had a kid good things always came.  After some super QT with Boogie and The Bea I have realized why we often see this phenomenon. Here are few theories

 

  1. People who are normally full of sh*t get the metaphysical kick in the pants. No time for Playstation and blunts with a crying baby in your arms
  2. The inspiration those little rug rats give you is the best motivator in the world
  3. Having a kid means you are a real grown-up. No take-backs
  4. Necessity becomes the mother of invention.  Baby can eat excuses (this is sort of 1a)
  5. People who you never thought would help you out, financially or otherwise, come out of the woodwork and give you the means to move forward
  6. Babies are a blessing that make the world a better place. Plain and simple

 

 

In other news, Swifty likes:

    • Flight of the Conchords. Those dudes are mad funny. “Time to get down to Business”
    • Entourage – I hope E gets a chance to serve Walsh properly
    • NCAA ’08 tomorrow. I am such a nerd I put down a deposit
    • Making The Band 4. Outside of the reality show mental junk food I thought it was good that they are making the big dude work out.  Obesity in our community is a full blown epidemic. Physical fitness is one good by product of this programming
    • Knicks Summer League games
    • HBO on Demand. When Boogie had a tummy ache on Sat, Episode V on demand help cure his woes
    • Big Love – got all caught up this weekend
    • Habana Outpost on Fulton. Frozen Mojitos in a kid friendly spot
    • Dune

 

Swifty doesn’t like:

·         Fort Greene hipsters in costume

·         People who were in your wedding and now front like they don’t see you

·         People still beating you in the head about how busy they are after 10 years of double talk

·         Humidity

·         The Orient Temple and their loud parties

·         Jaded wannabe hipsters who make fun of the crowd they so desperately want to be a part of

 

Enjoy your week

 

 

 

5 Comments:

Blogger rafi said...

Whats up Wes.

yeah my 2 kids are definitely motivation to minimize bullshit - though i still sneak a bunch in

The following comment is mostly unrelated to this post though - I didnt see a way to email you.

As a fan of the blog I was hoping to have a chance to say hi at the bk festival but you were onstage or behind the stage as far as I could see.

But anyway, dope concert and blog. keep up the good work.

We're gonna drop a few more videos with the footage we took at the festival. One later this week and probably one or two more after that.

July 16, 2007 3:20 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

no doubt.
thanks

I'll e you my email so you have it

Was a hectic day I didn't get to see any of my people. Worst part about it

July 16, 2007 3:45 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

westothejack@gmail.com
holla at me

July 16, 2007 3:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Fort Greene hipsters in costume

??

-- Ian
http://differentkitchen.blogspot.com

July 16, 2007 5:44 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

Fort Greene hipsters are the Black equvalent of Williamsburg hipsters

Instead of guys in tight pants looking like Joey Ramone they look like a cross between Mos/Common/Pharell and the W'burg hipster

The ladies - instead of looking like 80's Madonna they look like Erykah Badu.

Because of the time and care obviously put into these outfits I had to call them costumes.

Some of it is flavor, but too much of it is forced. I know because I used to be one, lol

They sit at Habana Outpost nursing a water (!) people watching and talking shit. I mean at least grow a pair and buy a drink.

The ladies wear outfits that overtly say righteous but scream freak

July 17, 2007 10:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home