observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Out of pocket

The SC has been on the road with his otherjob as stand-in babysitter for
wayward parents/lacrosse coach for the good Brooklyn Admirals. As I am
typing this we are on our way back from Chatanooga, TN and the McCallie
middle school tournament. The Admirals went 2-2 and almost won the the
consolation bracket.

Trip was dope complete with an overtime win, southern belles, too many
constipation inducing hamburgers, a lot of yelling, at least 10 people
asking if we drove all the way from Brooklyn, and players without cleats
and cups who take shots to the nuts.

On the bus back to the ATL

Randomness:

Listening to the Dangerdoom album. The MF Doom bandwagon has gotten
pretty quiet. After that show at the Nokia Theater the buzz on him
changed.

Sort of like the buzz on Sa Ra after that Canal Room show.

I am excited about the return of the Brand New Heavies. The new stuff on
their Myspace page sounded dope.

That Lakers game was one of the best I've ever seen. That's what kids
dream of on the playground.

Gary Payton is a bad apple, just looking for a ring. A wrap for The
Heat. Payton, Antoine, Riley, and 'Zo are all just along for the ride
and the glory. They won't do it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your on point with the Sa-Ra and Doom bubble busters. After the so so performances the hype just didn't live up to the live show. Especially with the Sa Ra they were on stage like they were parliment and prince and the revolution all wrapped in one. Would have been better if they just rocked without all the hype. I agree with you on the lakers game, also don't count the heat out yet we'll see on wed. Get at me man been trying to get up with you for a minute.

bless

akil bakari
akil@luv4art.com

May 01, 2006 4:57 PM

 
Blogger Joey said...

I was at both shows. I take full responsibility

May 08, 2006 2:21 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

Joey,

Where you been?

I can't talk I've been slacking on my Straight Bangin' reading

May 08, 2006 2:27 PM

 
Blogger Joey said...

The j-o kills me sometimes, man. But I'm always around. And I am now pointing toward June 24th. Should be a great look. Can't wait.

May 08, 2006 11:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home