observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

While I have a moment

please stop, some of you


A few ramblings in between work, day care drop offs and feedings.

-The Extra P killed it forreal forreal

- please no rain on the 23rd

- I get it. Chicks want to look like Madonna in the 80's. But guys you cannot wear peg leg, tight pants, flip flops and extra medium shirts. Compromise please

-the best part about that song 'Party Like A Rock Star' is the adlib 'totally dude'

- new favorite commercial song is 'We Taking Over'

- too bad Akon hit the self destruct button

- and back to the Pharell 80's inspired dudes. There is a very distinct line between the retro look and clownwery (is that a word?). please mind it

- there are waaaaay better looking chicks on the C Train than the 25 Bus in the morning

- but no one is foxier than Big Momma

- Sarah Silverman is wack

- so is Borat. That comedy is not funny to me

- too bad Joell Ortiz threatened me and my staff so often. Looks like he has his hustle popping. A lot of people (I respect) are saying he would have been a good fit this year

-life is good. Enjoy yourself

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I recommended Joell to Da Ruffain a while back before his album dropped. On who I would like to see at the festival, and he schooled me on some bodega history. Anywho today I mention to my mom that I would have like to see the Fugees. She said that would have been a good mix. Maybe next year.


All smiles,
Nae

June 12, 2007 10:26 PM

 
Blogger ian said...

Sarah Silverman is wack but Borat was funny to me. Shop Boyz might actually have a song called "Totally Dude" based on their performance at Hot 97's Summer Jam. And while it's a pretty cynical ploy at stretching out their 15mins. and gimmick, it wasn't actually that bad based on what I could tell.

Also, Wes: "We Takin' Over" has been out for like 2 months now! I'm not sure it still qualifies as being 'new' - LOL....

June 14, 2007 1:59 AM

 
Blogger ian said...

Yup, with a quick google search, I was able to confirm that I was right about that Shop Boyz track:

Shop Boyz - "Totally Dude"

June 14, 2007 2:05 AM

 
Blogger Wes said...

i said my 'new' favorite. it takes a while for these song to seep into my skull.

I need to check out that 'Totally Dude'

June 14, 2007 4:14 AM

 
Blogger Dallas Penn said...

too bad for J.O. that he didn't fit into the program this year. the event was top shelf and I am already lining up for next year.

btw, I am in a cold sweat for the BK Bodega fitted cap. who do I have to threaten to get mines?

emphasis on the 's'

June 27, 2007 3:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home