observations, reviews and ramblings about Hip-Hop culture, sports, politics and the industry and life in general.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I am not sure about this 'Hustle and Flow' flick yet, but not only is my girl Dawn big on it so is Jazzbo. I am not a big 3-6 Mafia fan and I can see this being super corny. The hipster vibe is so high it makes me nervous. But you know at the SRC we don't hate. If we don't have anything nice or constructive to say we don't say anything at all. Just like my mama, the beat-rice, taught me.

My man Joey has no such safeguard on his blog, lol! I suspect that he just fell off the Questlove Christmas card list.

From The Jazzbo:

The next episode of my show, My Block, airs this weekend.

It's called-MY BLOCK: THE HUSTLE & FLOW OF MEMPHIS
featuring Juicy J and DJ Paul of 3-6 Mafia in the hood, BBQ with Eightball & MJG, Jazze Pha and the Bar-Kays, the homey Al Kapone, the cast of "Hustle & Flow" (Terrence Howard, DJ Qualls, director Craig Brewer), Lil Wyte, Frayser Boy and the man with my favorite car on the planet, Yo Gotti.

That's right, we got down and dirty on the muddy banks of the Mississippi.
Hosted by Sway.
Please lock your TIVO and spread the word.
AIRTIMES:MTV2 Premieres Sun 7/3 @ 830pm

REPEATS:
Sun 7/3: 1030pm
Mon 7/4: 9pm
Tues 7/5: 8pm
Wed 7/6: 11pm
Thurs 7/7: 830pm
Fri 7/8: 3am
Sun 7/10: 930pm

MTV Premieres Wed 7/6 @ 630pm
REPEATS:
Thurs 7/7: 130am
Fri 7/8: 730pm
Sun 7/10: 12am
Thurs 7/14: 230am

Joseph Patel aka Jazzbo MTV News


So who saw Made last night with C Rayz Walz. At first I was appalled, then by the end I was rooting for the little kid. I was concerned that C Rayz was playing himself. A little Bamboozled action from good ol MTV.

But I think at the end it was a good look for C Rayz. From a marketing standpoint there are mad people this morning who think that C Rayz is the next big thing. That is always a good thing.

C Rayz stopped it from being a mockery and made that kid take it serious. The little 9 year old girl was great. And when they went to the Black high school and he got all shook.

And it's good branding for Def Jux who I know were trying to let people know that their roster is broader than EL P and Aesop. Having a DJX artist kick it with Starks, Game, and Snoop definitely broadens their audience.

I am salty that homeboy got a Theodore Unit jacket, though. I want one. He probably doesn't even know who Trife Da God is!

The best part was when C Rayz told the father that he was living his life like he was Golden in lieu of a gold record. And when they were at Passover.

4 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

Didn't see Made but agree that it was probably a good look for C Ray Walz overall but I wonder how many kids at the Black high school even knew who he was? Some of them probably didn't even know who Ghostface was!

June 30, 2005 11:15 AM

 
Blogger Joey said...

C Rayz is a funny dude.

June 30, 2005 12:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you $5 that C Rayz gets a reality show on MTV. I think Ghost is getting a show on MTV2. Snoop was hella serious with young Blizzard. I think he scared him a bit.

June 30, 2005 1:13 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

a Ghost reality show? word.

June 30, 2005 10:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home